Policies, Terms and Conditions
This statement sets out our policies relating to the privacy of your personal information:
The Kingaroy Holiday park is firmly committed to protecting your privacy as you interact with us from time to time. We aim to maintain a safe and secure system of handling your personal individual information, whilst still providing access to your personal information when required.
For this reason, we ensure that your personal information is handled in strict compliance with the Commonwealth Government's National Privacy Principles, which were passed on 21 December 2001. Further information on Australian privacy laws is available from the internet site www.privacy.gov.au.
This policy sets out the principles that the Kingaroy Holiday Park adopts in order to protect your personal information. These principles deal generally with our collection, use and disclosure of, and your access to information we may have recorded about you.
1. Collection of your Information
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to carry on our business functions. What information we collect depends on the nature of our dealings with you, and usually in relation to caravan and camping sites and/or accommodation and/or services provided to you by us. We will normally collect directly from you any information we have about you. Occasionally, we may receive information about you from third parties, but if we are to use such information for any reason, will let you know shortly after we receive it.
2. Use and Disclosure of your Information
We will only use your personal information for the reasons we collected it. Unless we have first obtained your consent, these reasons and the parties to whom we might disclose it will be reasonably apparent to you when we collect your information and our use and disclosure of that information will only be for our business activities.
If we have marketed our products and services to you and you no longer wish to receive those sorts of communications from us, you should contact Russell and Helen Kirk on (07) 4162-1808 and we will ensure this is corrected. Any other use or disclosure we make of your personal information will only be as required by law or permitted by the Privacy Act 1988.
3. Data Quality and Security
We will take all reasonable steps to:
(a) make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
(b) protect the information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods;
(c) destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
4. Access to and Correction of your Information
If you would like access to any records of personal information we have about you or you believe any information we have about you requires correction, contact Russell and Helen Kirk on (07) 4162-1808.
Anti Spam Policy
This statement sets out our policies relating to spam (ie unsolicited commercial email):
Our web site is operated in compliance with the Australian Spam Act 2003, which may be viewed online at a variety of locations (just search Google for the Act's name).
In a nutshell, we don't send out any spam emails. Nor do we do business with any individual or company who does. And we encourage all our visitors to do likewise.
We also use anti-spam filtering on our emails and we report any Australian who spams us to the proper authorities on receipt of their spam.
Again, we encourage our visitors to do likewise in countries which have equivalent legislation to Australia. Or to request their legislators enact similar legislation in countries which don't yet have anti-spam laws; or to toughen existing laws up to Australian anti-spam standards where existing laws are weak.
We try to keep our web site current at all times but there may be occasions when some part of it is out of date because real life circumstances change faster than our web site can accurately reflect them.
Even so, we appreciate that our visitors rely on our web site to be 100% accurate at all times. We'll happily remedy any inaccurate information as soon as we're made aware of it. If you believe you've discovered an error we should correct or update, please email us about it.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
All accommodation bookings and cancellations at the Kingaroy Holiday Park are taken in accordance with the following policies:
- A credit card deposit equivalent to the first night's stay is required at the time of booking. The Park will process a charge against your credit card and post or email a confirmation to the address supplied. The balance is due upon check-in.
- For tent sites and caravan sites, additional people attract an extra tariff of $10.00 per night. The additional tariff applies for any more than 2 people.
- For cabins and villas, additional people attract a tariff of $22.00 per night.
- Linen is provided for all beds in all cabins.
- Bunk Beds - "Warning, top bunk beds are not suitable for children under 12 years of age" as stated in Australian Standards (AS/NZS 4220).
- While our tariffs generally match the rates shown on our website, all rates are subject to confirmation at the time of booking and are subject to change.
- Cancellation Policy: Changes and cancellations for stays must be made more than 72 hours prior to arrival (Note: for the purposes of the Cancellation Policy, 'arrival' time is 2pm). If a cancellation is within 72 hours of arrival the deposit is forfeited and no credit will be issued. Please be aware that the Cancellation Policy WILL apply should an event be cancelled for any reason, including bad weather.
- Booking Charges and Refunds After Arrival: Changes and cancellations for stays must be made more than 72 hours prior to arrival (Note - for the purposes of the Cancellation Policy "arrival" time is 2:00pm). If a cancellation is within 72 hours of arrival the deposit is forfeited and no credit will be issued. Please be aware that the Cancellation Policy WILL apply should a booking be cancelled for any reason, including bad weather. Unless prior arrangements are made. payment must be made in full at the time of check-in. Where late arrival arrangements have been made, the balance of the tariff will be applied to the credit card and the receipt/tax invoice will be issued. Amex cards attract a 4% fee, Mastercard and Visa 1.25%. Please note that no refunds or credits will be permitted after arrival if you vacate early. We reserve the right to hold credit card details until Management is satisfied that there are no monies outstanding. At this time credit card details are deleted from our system. The credit card may be charged should there be losses or damages to Park property. In addition, extra cleaning charges will apply should accommodation be found to be in an unreasonable state. Guests checking into cabins or villas are required to complete a registration card on arrival.
- The Kingaroy Holiday Park is an Australian website.
- Non-Smoking Policy: All internal areas including accommodation and other buildings are non-smoking areas. A $200.00 cleaning and deodorising charge will apply if this guideline is breached.
- Lost Property: Non-perishable lost property is held for a maximum of 3 months, after which the property is offered to charity or otherwise disposed of. Guests are responsible for contacting us should any items be left at the Park after checkout.
- Reception Hours: 8:00am-6:30pm (Mon-Sat) and 8:30am-5:30pm (Sundays and P/Holidays*). Guests arriving after hours must contact the Park during office hours to make alternative arrangements. Guests who fail to arrive on the designated day or who arrive after close and have not made alternative arrangements will forfeit the cost for the first night. * Please contact Reception regarding Christmas and New Year's trading hours.
- Check-in time begins at 12:00 noon for tent and caravan sites, and at 2:00pm for all other types of accommodation. Check-out time finishes at 10:00am. A late check-out may be available for a fee.
- Special requests are on a request basis only and are not guaranteed at the time of booking.
- Accommodation is serviced weekly for stays of 8 days and longer. Additional services are available at an extra charge.
- A credit card must be produced in the name of the person staying at the Park on check-in. Any damage caused, losses, extra cleaning charges or outstanding amounts may be charged against that card, which will be recorded. Minimum night stays apply during the Easter, Christmas and New Year holiday periods and on long weekends. Adult rates apply to persons over 15 years. Child rates apply to guests aged 2-15 years. Infants aged under 2 years stay free.
- Animals: Dogs are welcome on application and at the manager's discretion unless required by law. Dogs and/or pets are not permitted inside any Park-owned caravan, cabin, villa or other building or common area for any reason. Please contact Reception for any further details about our Dog Policy.
- We reserve the right to eject any guest from the Park who is deemed by Management to be behaving in a socially unacceptable manner; causing damage, disturbing other guests; using unacceptable language; or otherwise breaching Park Rules. No refund will be given and charges will apply for any damage caused, losses and extra cleaning charges.
- We also reserve the right to refuse a booking at any time from any person reasonably believed to be not the person named on the booking request or the person named on the credit card; from anyone not authorised to use the card; from anyone not able to pay for any charges; from anyone who may cause damage to the property or to other guests; from anyone who exhibits socially unacceptable behaviour; from anyone who may be younger than 18 years of age and not accompanied by a responsible adult; or from anyone who is concealing a dog or unauthorised animal.
- Credit Cards: Most major credit cards are accepted, but please note that a 4% credit charge applies to American Express Cards.